Sappi Stanger Mill requires a Mechanical Engineer to provide competent and cost-effective maintenance support, maximizing plant availability and contributing to the Stanger Mill’s strategy.
This role reports into the: Engineering Manager
The main responsibilities of this job are:
* Manage equipment uptime through fast response to plant breakdowns and equipment repairs.
* Actively drive the use of plant reliability monitoring techniques.
* Responsible for legal compliance.
* Short term planning as well as annual shut planning.
* Root cause failure analysis and closeouts.
* Responsible for safety, health, environmental and quality issues, including incident investigations.
* Budget management and cost control.
* Lead and manage a maintenance team.
* Accurate reporting.
Utilize and monitor SAP Maintenance system.
The ideal candidate should have:
BSc/BEng/BTech in Mechanical Engineering with at least 3 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer in a heavy industry/manufacturing environment.
OR * National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer in a heavy industry/manufacturing environment.
* Experience in the Pulp & Paper industry would be advantageous.
* Leadership experience is a definite advantage.
* Government Certificate of Competency is an advantage.